Friday, April 23, 2010

A Week in the Life of Ten Page

So I was talking with my Ed Block friends yesterday, and one of them, upon hearing about what I had been doing and reading my Facebook statuses, suggested that I start a blog. I told her I already had one, and she remembered seeing this on Facebook and then suggested that I put a list of what I do in a day on said blog. And I thought, "why the heck not."

This week, my to-do list had 34 items on it, even though I don't have a job at the moment. My rallying cry all week has been, "Who has time for a job?!?" So here's the recap:

Monday
-Mass at Sacred Heart with Alyssa and Jen
-stop by History Prof's office to pick up stuff for this week's Phi Alpha Theta induction, which I was in charge of planning along with one of the other alumni officers.
-stop in Education Prof's office to set a time for a meeting that had already been rescheduled twice.
-type up recollections from Open House presentation for aforementioned Education Prof
-give update to other Education dept Chair on how I went about getting my teaching certification
-wash windows
-Finish reading The Chocolate War (absolutely read this book!)
-hike over to campus to meet with Lydia and History Prof to plan induction
-run into Jen, Mandy, English Prof, other History Prof
-call supervising teacher to get latest on KCPS consolidation
-meeting with Education Prof to discuss conference presentation
-dinner
-send several job-related emails and completed one application
-call Brenna
-Bible Study at Mandy's

Tuesday
-Mass at Sacred Heart
-chat with Krista while we both wait for Education dept Chair, then we both meet with her
-visit former bosses in Writing Center
-call Caroline County HR
-20 mile bike ride
-read articles on field trips for conference presentation
-reading briefly and gladly interrupted by dinner and quick errand with Education dept Chair

Wednesday
-Communion Service at Our Mother of Sorrows
-prepare important gift
-H & R Block end of season survey
-online application for my teaching certificate
-finish draft of conference presentation
-empty dishwasher, do dishes
-drop papers for credential file off at career center
-shop for drinks and paper products for Phi Alpha Theta induction
-drop off drinks and plates etc off with History Prof
-chat with Education Prof
-play phone tag with Steve
-CCF end of year picnic
-Sacred Heart spaghetti dinner

Thursday
-Mass at Sacred Heart
-walk over to Acme and buy Kent News. Read Kent News
-15 mile bike ride
-pack for home
-group meeting to work on conference presentations
-Phi Alpha Theta induction
-go home to Western Shore

Friday
-Teachers of Promise Institute in Baltimore
-dinner with lovely WaC friends who now live in Western Shore neighborhood (kinda)

What does next week look like?
-field trip to DC
-finish The Romance of the Rose
-work on conference presentation
-follow up on some job applications
-lunch with Lydia and History Prof
-ODK induction?
-Conference on Saturday, 5/1
-townball on Thurs?
-Bible Study on Mon & Tues (need to plan Tuesday, since I'm probably going to lead the discussion)
-acutally get my teaching certificate and finish assignment from Education dept Chair?

Yeah...who has time for a job?

No comments: